CSA Group Seattle has been involved in the design, prototyping, and testing of LED horticultural lighting and LED horticultural lamp testing since 2008. Whether it is designing a lighting product from a concept, refining a prototype design, or testing and measuring the photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) values of a finished product, we’ve been there and have the experience to help with our unique LED Horticultural Lamp Testing services.
- Full testing for Photosynthetically Active Radiation output
- Evaluation of Yield Photon Flux (YPF). YPF is photon flux weighted by the McCree quantum yield spectrum
High humidity, high temperature, water spray, and airborne contaminates, like fertilizers, can all effect the performance of horticultural lights. CSA Group can help ensure your horticultural lights will withstand the demanding greenhouse and indoor farming environments seen in today’s agriculture.
There are a variety of standards which can evaluate the performance of lighting products used in horticultural environments.
- IEC 600598-1, IP65 or similar
- ANSI/UL 1598, Clause 13.4.8, Clause 18.1 can be used to test dialectic voltage breakdown as well
To understand the eye safety of your fixtures, their photobiological safety should be evaluated and tested to:
- Evaluation to ANSI/IESNA RP-27, Recommended Practice for Photobiological Safety for Lamps
- Evaluation to IEC 62471 (CIE S009)
- Evaluation to IEC 60825-1
Greenhouses often have elevated ambient temperatures and a corrosive environment. Additional testing may be needed to the following standards:
- ANSI/UL 1598A Clause 4.1.d or 4.2.b may be required depending on the use case for your horticultural light.
- Testing to ANSI/UL 1598 Clause 12.4.2 at a temperature above 25°C.
Our SpectralSuite3 LED metrology software supports PAR and can be used to determine how much of the photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) and Yield Photon Flux (YPF) is present in an existing lighting design. Contact us today to discuss how we can help create, refine, or verify your lighting concepts.
Contact us for information on how we can help in assessing your LED Horticultural Lighting project.
Call 425-605-8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for price information or an immediate quote today.